“One of the best preschool and elementary school books of the year.”—ATLANTA PARENT magazine
“Hilarious storytelling coupled with hilarious scenes. Sure to be a storytime favorite.”—BOOKLIST
“VERDICT: This funny storytime read-aloud teaches children that it’s OK to think independently and to be a little unconventional.”–SCHOOL LIBRARY JOURNAL
“A fresh, funny take on nonconformity.” —CHICAGO TRIBUNE
Look before you leap…
Teach your young reader(s) to think for themselves and resist the temptations of peer pressure with a determined lemming who does things his own way. When Larry does his own thing, the other lemmings think he’s nuts, until they discover they have a hero in their midst. Being a “leaping lemming” doesn’t mean you always have to leap!
The delightfully funny text and energetic illustrations make Leaping Lemmings a picture book your little one(s) will love.
- Spent more than two weeks at #1 on Amazon’s New Releases→Peer Pressure.
- Named a New & Noteworthy homepage selection of the New York Public Library.
- Was a staff pick at Third Place Books in Washington, Buttonwood Books in Massachusetts, R.J. Julia Booksellers in Connecticut, and Northshire Books in New York.
- Moved 50 copies in 50 minutes at the NY NOW Convention at the Javits Center in New York City.
- Received positive reviews in School Library Journal, Booklist, Atlanta Parent, Primary Times, Batch of Books, Miss Marple’s Musings, Mama Smith’s, Mama Mummy Mum, Women and Their Pretties, Bookfoolery, Kindred Bond, Fab Book Reviews, We Have Kids, Jumpin’ Beans, Red Reading Hub, Bookworm Baby, Pleads Reads, and plenty of other terrific kidlit-friendly sites.
- Currently available in English, German, Mandarin, and Italian.
- Placed on SCBWI’s 2016 Winter Reading List and The Little Book House’s Books for the Fall Season list.
- Featured in Northshire Bookstore’s Holiday Gift Guide, Common Sense Media’s Great Books for Christmas list, and the Chicago Tribune’s Holiday Picks for Young Readers.
- Was featured on WNYT’s Live at Noon and WAMC’s Book Picks.
Do you want to give your young reader a funny, “thought-provoking picture book” (Primary Times) about thinking for yourself? Pick up a copy of Leaping Lemmings today! (Also available in paperback as Don’t Leap, Larry!)
Available from Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and all your favorite independent bookstores!